Saturday, August 12, 2006

Copper's Stay at the Hospital

I went away to Arizona the weekend of July 28th. It was the first time I was going to have a dog sitter come in and take care of the 3 bassets. On Friday when I was in Arizona, I received a call from my friend Stan, telling me that Copper was ill. He wasn't sure what to do, for he was going to catch a flight to Arizona that evening. It took me awhile to contact Copper's oncologist, but I was finally able to. She said that several dogs that had been given the Chemo drug Adriamycin this week had become ill. She told me that they would give him some drugs that would help him. She also told me that he would probably feel better in 2 hours. However, because I wasn't going to be home, nor was my friend Stan, I decided that Copper should stay with the vet over the weekend. This way I could make sure he would be taken care of properly and if he became ill again or the drugs didn't work, he'd be at the vet. So he stayed at the hospital from Friday, July 28th to Monday, July 31st.

Here are the costs for Copper's hospital stay:


Regulatory Agency Compliance Fee..........$4.23
Office Exam -- Recheck No Charge ..........$0.00
Reglan 5mg/ml (Metoclopramide)...........$32.16
3 Medical Board................................$74.60
4 Medication Admin For Boarded Animals...$24.00
4 Metoclopramide 10 mg (Reglan).............$ .60
21 Metronidazole 250 mg (Flagyl)...........$21.18
Total..........................................$152.77



Grand Total: ................................$4762.82

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home