Monday, October 29, 2007

Copper will be making his final journey tomorrow


Over the last day, Copper has not been getting any better. He sleeps most of the time, and when he is awake, he seems very disorientated. I am not sure if he can see well in his good eye or not.
Today I decided that it was time for him to be put to sleep. While it was a very difficult decision, it is the best decision for him. I want him to leave this life with dignity, respect, and not in pain.
So tomorrow we will make one last journey to see his oncologists. On the way, I will be sure to stop at McDonald's and get him so Chicken McNuggets, for he has come to enjoy this treat.
I debated a long time about whether I wanted to be with him as he makes his journey to the rainbow bridge, and have decided that while it will be very difficult, I owe it to him to be with him throughout the process.

While this is a very sad time, I do not regret anything that I have done for him over the last year and 8 months for I was given the gift of his time and for the most part, the times he was healthy and happy really outweigh the time he was not.

I love you Copper! Thank you for coming into my life, and for providing me with the experience of knowing you.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was holding it together until I read about the Chicken McNuggets. When Copper gets to Rainbow Bridge Agnes will have his special spot all ready up under the Chicken McNugget bush with her. I bet they will cuddle on a blankie and gossip about Max the wonder dog and tell each other all about their moms.

You have been the best mom he could have possibly wished for. I am crying with you tonight.

Lots of hugs and love for you, Max, and Mr Wiggins. It is hardest on the ones left behind.

Melynda

Tue Oct 30, 03:38:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Stickman,
We all will miss you. You have no idea how many hearts you have touched and how many of us love you. Jamie I hope you know how many of us are here for you if you need anything. Jamie, Mr. Wiggins and Max the Wonder Dog our thoughts drool and prayers are with you. With love & Snooter kiss'
Christina, Ed, Odie and Millford

Tue Oct 30, 03:44:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The tears are flowing freely down my face...=(

I am so sorry...

Rest well sweet Copper bopper you touched so many lives. You will be missed...

Tue Oct 30, 06:31:00 PM PDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My great dane was diagnosed with lymphosarcoma 2 months ago. Since then he has been out of breath, swollen glands, tired, and now is having an eye problem. Knowing when the right time to put him to rest has been a conflict for my husband and I. We have small children who love him, and I am worried that I will do it when he's not ready to go yet wait to long and he's suffering inside. :( I can relate to your heart ache.

Thu Apr 18, 06:34:00 AM PDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home