Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Half-Body Radiation Decision

Well,
After all of the research I conducted, I decided to have half-body radiation done on Copper. I found two positive studies on the subject, and I received two emails from people who have had it done. One person who emailed me had very positive results from half-body radiation and would have it done again. The other person was not sure if the half-body made any difference.

In my previous post, I wrote about the most current study done on half-body, but here is the data that I found on the other study that was done. The study took place in 1999:
29 dogs were treated with half-body radiation
31 dogs were treated with chemotherapy alone

The one, two, three year remission percentages were as follows:

Chemo Alone
One Year: 27%
Two Years: 0%
Three Years: 0%

Half-Body Radiation
One Year: 36%
Two Years: 27%
Three Years: 27%

Most importantly, side effects post-radiation were mild and self-limiting. ] More than 15 patients treated at the clinic have resulted in no cases of radiation serum sickness, tumor lysis syndrome, or pneumonitis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home